Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Met Gala Favorites

Did we all watch the live feed of the Met Gala red carpet yesterday? I did, and I enjoyed every somewhat-grainy second of it! I've tried compiling a top 3...that turned into a top 5...which then grew to 8. So instead, I've just compiled a few looks that stuck out to me but in no way does my dress-love begin and end with these few (I mean, Beyonce in Givenchy anyone?). Now in no particular order, here are some of my favorites from The Met Gala:

Photobucket
Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan. 
I never give her enough red carpet credit. She continues to make more of a name for herself fashion-wise, yet I'm always surprised when she ends up one of my favorites! Maybe it's just that whole CW-star thing?
Photobucket
The stunner that is Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren
She'd look gorgeous in anything but this beaded gown takes it to a new level
Photobucket
Jessica Stam in Dior Haute Couture
Including this one was debatable as I'm not head over heels, but the color+structuring won me over.
Photobucket
Candice Swanepoel in Rag & Bone
No explanation needed. Just look at the back details! 
Photobucket
Kate Bosworth in Prada
The minute photos of Kate became available they were already popping up all over the blogs, and for good reason. I couldn't help myself either and had to include her in this post. It isn't nearly as formal/over the top as others but it just works so well.
Photobucket
Christina Ricci in Thakoon
The only glimpse I got of this on the live feed was when her back was to camera, giving the perfect view of that oversize bow, and immediately I was smitten. 
Photobucket
Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe
One word: DRAMA. KK brought the vintage glam in this and I could not get over it when I saw her walk the red carpet, and I'm still not over it now! Sure, it is a lot of look, but it's the Met Gala and I think she is oozing perfection with this one.

Honorable Mentions: January Jones in Versace, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Burberry, Gwyneth Paltrow in Prada, Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana, and Anna Wintour with the gold lobster on her skirt <3 that just made me smile
Credit: zap2it, The Cut, Celebrity-Gossip

20 comments:

la vie quotidienne said...

I'm crazy with the first one...real leopard girl =)

XOXO aus München
La Vie Quotidienne
www.laviequo.com
I open my SHOP please visit.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Dior and the Prada! The Met Gala is a designer's paradise!

x x xx

bethwray.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

Nina dobrev is so gorgeous!

161cm.com

joanne♥choi

Anonymous said...

Loving Kate's dress!

Also, I just announced a giveaway to win a beautiful necklace, enter my giveaway HERE!

The Dragonfruit said...

Man...celebrity dresses always make me dream of wearing them...haha, they're all so gorgeous and stunning!

Trendy Teal

Sarah Mendelsohn said...

i couldn't decide who to include in my met gala post either. there was so many i loved. karolina was DEFINITELY one of my favorites though. i liked christina ricci's dress, but not on her. great post, and wonderful choices! you can see what i thought on my blog and we can discuss if you'd like haha :) xx

www.ahitofsarah.net

Jersey Blogess said...

all beautiful dresses

Nieszka said...

amazing dresses! I especially like the first gold and black one, and the blue one with the gorgeous detail on the back. wow! thanks for stopping by :)

memoriesoftimespast.blogspot.com

Maiken said...

I love everything else but not the last one.. I think the headpiece is defiitely too much here. but yeah, the other looks are wonderful!
btw, thank you for the comment in my blog.

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Always Maylee said...

Amazing dresses! I love the Rachel Zoe dress, so stunning!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Madame Chic Bcn said...

Kristen I SO agree with you!!! However my favourite above all is Karolina Kurkova!!!
xoxo
Patricia

http://misstoptenimage.blospot.com

PAPS said...

Gorgeous dresses. They all look so stunning
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Bravoe Runway said...

I really loved Camille Belle's gown as well as the the short dress on Carey Mulligan!

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

I met KK once. She's so lovely.

And, I can't believe that dress is Rag & Bone!!


Amber
Ambersmouthwash

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

great picks! i did a post on this too :)

Andreja said...

i really love nina and camille's dress!

xoxo, andie
Fashionista's Pick
Facebook Twitter Bloglovin

noone said...

Karolina Kurkova looks beautiful in Rachel Zoe!!! love it too

shannthall said...

LOVE THE BACK DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

FancyICON said...

amazing dresses! love them all!!


maybe u'd like to visit my blog on www.fancyicon.blogspot.com ;]

Jen said...

My fave was just all the comments you heard the whole time. Those photogs were GOLDEN. And I just noticed Diane Kruger on a best-dressed list. Lovely!