Friday, July 6, 2012

Runway Roundup: Fall Couture 2012

Hello lovely people! Happy Friday!
I'm pretty much swamped with school work so blogging will be sparse since I will be spending the next few days writing midterm papers and taking tests for both my Ethics and Religion classes, then later will have to prepare myself for a Biology test over 8 chapters....that were all taught in one sitting yesterday. Not fun stuff.

You know what is fun though? Couture collections! I've been catching up all this morning and have put some of my favorites below:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dior (too many looks - it deserves 3 rows)

Probably the most highly anticipated collection of the season (with one of the most impressive front rows) and it did not disappoint! For Raf Simons' first collection he took inspiration from the design house itself and put his own touch on Christian Dior's classic silhouettes. Overall, the collection was elegant and chic with fun touches like the use of fur and a pop of color here and there (i.e. those wonderful hot pink pumps!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Valentino

Over at Valentino, there is clearly a blue period going on as that was the color this show. Of course the signature red dresses were present but for the most part the color palette was a cooler one with navy, black, beige tones, and the occasional pastel yellow. The feel of the show was a sort of medieval renaissance with silk sleeves and velvet accents on long, flowy gowns, plenty of which had a cape (...or cloak?) included. Speaking of this layering on the dresses, you have no idea how badly I want to see that sheer, floral embroidered dress with that heavy, printed piece on top of it! Also, I want to live in that jumpsuit.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Maison Martin Margiela

Okay you guys, this is it for me. I love this so much I could just DIY myself a bejeweled face mask right now! Except that no, I'm not going to because really I have no business with a bejeweled face mask..plus I'd look really stupid. However, face mask aside, I'm lusting over this collection so hard. Various laces were used as contrasting patterns throughout the collection and silk dresses (and one floor-length coat) added some color. Personally, I just want to find some neck-wear as killer as that piece bottom left.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Givenchy

Here's a quick one! Only two looks this time folks, because basically, I wasn't feeling Givenchy this time. I just can't get into that much back fringe. However, I couldn't help myself but to put these two gorgeous looks here. Clean lines, fur, and as gorgeous from the front as it is from the back.

If you're wondering why Jean Paul Gaultier was left out, let's just say I can't tackle that whole thing in a roundup post. That craziness needs to be showcased on its own!

Credit: vogue.com

9 comments:

MJ said...

I hadn't seen the Maison Martin Margiela show yet, but it looks incredible! Just too cool for words. Following you on twitter now!

stylebymj.blogspot.com

Vancouver Vogue said...

Wow the Dior looks are definitely my favourite! They may be couture but I feel like these are the most wearable runway looks, each and every one of them. I'm totally swooning over that coat dress <3

~Britta

Jaeger said...

the diamond face masks are bizarre but stunning

http://youngandimpressionablee.blogspot.com.au/

xx

marykapsi said...

Thanks for your comment! Following you on bloglovin, follow back if you like :)
MaryFashionLove

lucia m said...

LOVING ALL THE OUTFITS


xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Cara said...

Great selection of pictures! I love how the Givenchy looks look so stunning from the back aswell!
Cara x

A Possible Fantasy said...

oh, i am deadly in love with that dior's black&white jumpsuit!

do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
see you around!

www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.co

Unknown said...

lovely! just lovely!

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Andreja said...

i love all of your picks!

xoxo, andie
Fashionista's Pick
Facebook Twitter Bloglovin