Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Resort Roundup

It has been a short break but I am happy to say I am back to posting! If you saw the previous post you're aware that I stopped blogging for a bit as I was badly burnt, and because of the swelling of my right arm and hand it would actually be incredibly difficult and painful to post because I couldn't move it much at all. My arm had to be kept at a right angle for about six days. It was no fun. My hand and fingers are now back to normal size, and though my arm is still a little puffy, it isn't a bother enough for me to not do a little blog post to show some of my favorite resort collections!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Emilio Pucci
With the inclusion of caftans, safari-inspired pieces, and the occasional swimsuit, this season's Pucci comes closest to what I typically think of when thinking about resort-wear. Olives and neutral tones were prominent throughout the collection but bold yellow and burgundy looks brightened things up, as well as the various  prints that round out the collection.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Givenchy
Speaking of prints, Givenchy went print-crazy for this resort collection! Paisleys, scarf prints, and a whole mess of others were heavily used, though the occasional cardigan and solid colored ensemble toned things down a bit. Another noticeable detail of the collection was the structured silhouette on various tops/jackets that featured exaggerated shoulders and greatly oversized sleeves.  

Photobucket
Photobucket
Nina Ricci
The clothing at Nina Ricci is what one would expect. It is beautiful, ethereal, and appeals to the ladylike side that we all have inside of us. The wonderful thing about the "ladylike" side of Nina Ricci is that it is always just a little bit disheveled, making it just that much more lust-worthy. As for the actual looks, it wasn't really anything we haven't seen before from Mr. Copping, but it was lovely nonetheless.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Jason Wu
Apparently this collection was inspired by bugs, says Vogue.com. Bugs are not things I want to be thinking about when looking at beautiful clothing, or ever for that matter, but if Wu keeps cranking out collections like this, he can take his inspiration from wherever he wants! In what I would say is my favorite collection of the four, jewel embellishments were featured heavily. Stripes and different prints all varying in size and shape brought color to the collection. 

Credit: vogue.com

13 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

The Jason Wu collection is practically killing me with its awesomeness!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Nav said...

gorgeous collection!

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

wonderful

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

The Pucci flowery dress is really beautiful.

Always Maylee said...

All amazing collections!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

The Braided Bandit said...

Ah,, if I only had the money.. But at least I can virtually dream about it! Love the Nina Ricci collection, very feminine and ethereal! Thanks for sharing :)
x Hannah

Amber said...

happy to have you back & glad you are feeling better :) I just love the Nina collection. Its all so romantic.

Stop by & enter for $50.00 Shabby Apple Giftcard giveaway!

Andrea said...

nina ricci is gorgeous..one of my fav from resort!

erica marie said...

I love the Nina Ricci and Jason Wu lines...so many beautiful looks. Glad to hear your arm is better now!

xo erica

Megha Sarin said...

I love the Jason Wu collection and Nina Ricci <3

love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

Sampada said...

wow, jason wu killed it! amazing

and thanks for visiting our blog :)

-rose

The Chic Sheet said...

There are sooo many amazing resort collections that I want it all! LOL

XX,
Miranda

ronan said...

ahh i want all the nina ricci stuff!! xx