I nearly forgot that I ever even had an Abbey Lee obsession until this cover reminded me of how much I love her. She's Vogue Australia's August cover model and she is looking like perfection! I was a little disappointed by the editorial, but it is all made up for with this one as I'd say it is one of my favorites as for as recent covers go.
Now this one has me on the fence a bit. Years ago, when I first started to really get into fashion and could actually name models that weren't dating professional athletes or a VS angel, I had a total obsession with Freja Beha just like everybody else. Anything she did, I fell in love with. However, due to the Freja-overkill years ago I got sick of her. The industry has been less over-saturated with her for a good while , yet still, I'm not sure I'm still liking her work anymore. Here she is in an ad for Valentino's new fragrance and of course she looks gorgeous. I just can't help but think that with different casting I would take to this more. The concept of "oh, let's take an androgynous girl and soften her up" is boring now. Not that that is her fault of course but to validate my opinion I went through my old inspiration folder from 2008-09 and man, I miss that era of Freja. It may just be me, but I think now it is all just stale.
Credit: tfs
4 comments:
I don't like the cover, I think she needed to close her mouth. her teeth are not the best..
http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/
I like it! great post!
Abby Lee is quite striking, especially those brows :)
-Karen
she's stunning, and the cover is beautiful!
latrDAYS
- katie
Post a Comment