Monday, March 14, 2011

Color Story: Pink

Lately I've been attracted to anything pink, which is strange to say the least considering that has always been the color I've despised the most. I could attribute my new found fondness for the rosey tones to the beginning of spring and all of it's girly, floral glory but that isn't what did it. It all started when those damn pink Jeffrey Campbells (that I still don't own) came out however long ago. Never before had I contemplated wearing pink boots, but I just fell in love and BAM color acceptance came over me. Now, many months later I'm still stuck on light pink

One problem....I can't wear pink. Pink and I just don't mix. Due to my light skin I would become instantly washed out if I were to wear a pink top or dress, so for spring and summer I'm leaning towards the following pieces to add some color to my wardrobe

PhotobucketCheap Monday jeans/ Forever 21 shorts
Photobucket
BC knot Sandal (UO)/ KG by Kurt Geiger block heel (Asos)
Photobucket
Topshop Rosette Bag/DVF suede clutch
Photobucket
Forever 21/Ray-Ban/Urban Outfitters-I know these rings are more on the peach & purple side, but I couldn't help myself : )

17 comments:

Mxx said...

I love pink .... the shoes, bag and the ring would provide an understated way of bringing pink into the picture. =)

Thanks for the blog comment!

Will be following...

Jessie said...

Ah I do like he pink block heel.

My Own Strange Little World said...

Maybe you just need to find the right hue of pink that matches your skin... I'm sure there's one waiting for your among the wide amount of tonalities!! The pieces in the pictures are gorgeous!!!

http://myownstrangelittle-world.blogspot.com

Amber said...

i am a big fan of pink, these pieces are darling especially those F21 shorts

Catherine said...

I need those pale pink jeans and the purple ring NOW <3 great post dear xxx

Hannah said...

Ha I feel exactly the same way! I have a thousand "inspirational" images of various colours on pink saved to my computer but always end up changing out of pink outfits before I leave the house...

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Gorgeous picks! I use to be obssessed with that color! I especially love those shoes from ASOS! Come to think of it, I don't have any pink in my closet right now and this post inspires me to get some! xoxoxoo

Karen said...

My love for pink seems to come and go in phases!! But I agree with you in that spring does make me feel like wearing pink!!

Love the Cheap MOnday Pink Jeans!!


XOX,
Karen

www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

Siru said...

I have a huge era of pink in my past so I avoid it quite much because of it. I have really fair skin too, but somehow it does look good on me, but I'm not sure if I'll be wearing it anytime soon -or not at least with big amounts.

Juliet xxx

Elle said...

Very obsessed with those pink jeans....the perfect pink!
xo,
love, live & wear

Signorina Christina said...

love pink in every shade!!! :D those rings are sooo cool!!!! Thx for visiting!!! :D

SignorinaTina

Ana C said...

I love the Topshop bag & the Forever 21 shorts.

Thanks for the comment about my dress and the mascara :) I would like to know how did you get to me, once I didn't write on your language... is well cool to receive comments from people away :)

Bex said...

I love all the pink stuff, especially those KG shoes and DVF clutch!

http://betweenmargins.blogspot.com

Ana C said...

aw I'm glad u enjoyed my blog, thank you :)
U caught me in a good day about what u love about blogging, cause I write more often about my life and all that stuff, and sometimes I post clothes I buy and clothes I'm in love with. And I'm glad someone from the other part of the world likes it :) Thank u.
Your blog is pretty cute :)

Unknown said...

Love those pink jeans!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

rich girls. said...

those pink kg by kurt geiger block heels are super lovely. x.

Anonymous said...

ive been reading yourpast posts
imoficially in love with your blog!
im following :) and i love the pink clutch its so so pretty, the gold detail is very nice!

http://effysteff.blogspot.com/