Friday, September 21, 2012

Versace S/S 2013

Photobucket

As I've been playing catch-up quite a lot with the collections this season, I had no intentions of doing another post focusing on just one collection. I figured I'd go the "two birds, one stone" route and just do a MFW post today (I'm so behind, I have to skip LFW), but when I tried narrowing down looks to feature from Versace, it just became to difficult...an obvious sign that I need to go on about my complete love for this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As I've said many times, Versace is one of my favorites, but let's be honest, Donatella never gives us the most groundbreaking, or the most tasteful collections, however like so many of her fellow Italian designers, what she does do is turn on the sex appeal. Here we have a collection filled with slinky, form-fitting pieces that give you as much skin as you could ever want on models that all look like they are straight out of the era of the Supers (except a little thinner). I love it. I want to look like that, wearing those clothes. It is the dream, and Donatella sells it to me every time.

Aside from the Versace fantasy that I dream about, I was immediately drawn in by a few specific details of this collection. All of the nude and black lace had me at the very start, it has to be either the black trousers with lace inserts or the blue dress on Andreea that will go down as my favorite from that particular section. Another standout in terms of the details is the amount of embellishment. Clearly not something unexpected from Versace, but a joy nonetheless. The studs are always welcome in my book, and you can put that fringe in the same category. Obsession can be the only word used to accurately describe how I feel about the dresses on Kati and Kasia, plus, I feel a major DIY with those fringe chokers...

So, it is safe to say that I'm in deep love with this collection, and now that I got that out, it's time to get back to seeing what else Milan has to offer!
Credit: style

10 comments:

Mariana said...

Lovely post! Love this collection :)
Do stop by my blog.
xoxo
Mariana
http://goingteen.blogspot.sg/

Kristen said...

Lovely of course! Great post!

Carolina SpĂ­nola said...

Adorei tudo :)


beijinhos

Josie said...

OH, that shimmery fringed mini. I dieeee.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Sherin said...

The collection is definitely gorgeous. Those elegant dresses are my favourite.

Caroline said...

Oooh! These colors are so pretty, especially that mustard-y color.

Unknown said...

the gladiator sandal is BACK!



H
http://www.thefashionhash.com

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

Such a stunning collection! love all the shoes :)
xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

k said...

i really am liking this collection as well!

Jelena Zivanovic said...

I must to love this collection, as I really love Versace!
Thank you for your comment!!!