Monday, February 20, 2012

Runway Roundup: LFW

A few of my favorite LFW collections thus far. It was a tough job narrowing them down because London is really something this season! I didn't think I would ever dare say it but it may be outdoing NY for me (or at least coming dangerously close!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Peter Pilotto

This may have been the hardest collection to narrow down this time because their was just so much to include in order to sum up the collection, and really I still couldn't manage that completely. Besides the patterns that connected it all together, I fell for the cutouts, fun use of color, and figure-hugging fit of the majority of the garments.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Matthew Williamson

My FAVORITE of them all by far. Gold and printed pants, red lace and feathers, and sequins and fur makes for the type of collection that I fall in love with. I was thoroughly impressed with Williamson this season to say the least.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Marios Schwab

Beautiful and feminine, Schwab brought it with those finale dresses. Just another knockout collection. Plus, I think everyone needs a good black, leather trench...or at least they do now.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Antonio Berardi

With a great use of texture, Berardi showcased everything from oversize fur coats to sequin maxi skirts and I'm not mad at it. I loved his use of color (bonus points for the turquoise shoes) and the many wonderfully structured pieces of the collection.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Christopher Kane

Another collection where I loved the use of color. Kane was all over the place when it came to the darks and brights throughout the show, quickly moving from blacks/muted tones to one quick pop of color and back. Knits and outerwear also made an appearance this season, but my favorite piece just has to be that floral dress.

Note: I'd like to mention Mulberry, McQ, and Burberry also make my favorites list
(How could they not?)

Credit: vogue.com

11 comments:

Jaeger said...

amazing colours!

http://youngandimpressionablee.blogspot.com.au/

xx

Amber said...

not sure if I could pull these looks off but they are still incredible.

Anonymous said...

IN LOVE with Peter Pilotto's collection, love that he is channeling some tribal prints like Proenza Schouler a few seasons back...I didn't have enough

-A

2fashionfed.blogspot.com

Sharon (Style-Chameleon) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I appreciate it ^^

I loved the McQ collection so much!
The dresses with the velvet flowers were something special.



http://style-chameleon.blogspot.com/

jas said...

love the orange and the sheer pieces!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Josie said...

I love the Matthew Williamson collection -- he's always so glamorous!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Plami said...

Fabulous! I just love this time of the year <3

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Isquisofrenia said...

the colors make me happy

Reptilia said...

Matthew Williamson and Christopher Kane are genius!!! I love them! Their collection are incredoble!

http://www.justreptilia.com

xx

Aubrey and Melissa said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on our site! Peter Pilotto is absolutely amazing:) So many beautiful collections!

hotcelebration said...

all are lovely... http://www.hotcelebration.com