(Interview September 2010)
I'm going to take a break from trying to write anything with some sort of wit or snark and instead just simply profess my love for this editorial. Their is something special about this shoot and that is that the styling really stands alone. I'm not saying that I don't fall in love with nearly every loud and fabulous editorial because trust me I do, but I also appreciate a shoot that is not overshadowed by props, location, or the value of the model's name (even though there are obviously some impressive ones included here). Not everything needs to be an over the top production all the time (and that does not only pertain to this shoot) because at the end of the day when I open up a magazine what I want to see is the clothes and not some naked chick riding a horse or something. So basically, I like the simplicity and I like this because it is a fact in my world that nothing beats a good amount of layering.
I'm going to take a break from trying to write anything with some sort of wit or snark and instead just simply profess my love for this editorial. Their is something special about this shoot and that is that the styling really stands alone. I'm not saying that I don't fall in love with nearly every loud and fabulous editorial because trust me I do, but I also appreciate a shoot that is not overshadowed by props, location, or the value of the model's name (even though there are obviously some impressive ones included here). Not everything needs to be an over the top production all the time (and that does not only pertain to this shoot) because at the end of the day when I open up a magazine what I want to see is the clothes and not some naked chick riding a horse or something. So basically, I like the simplicity and I like this because it is a fact in my world that nothing beats a good amount of layering.
Credit: fashiongonerogue
8 comments:
Fantastic editorial! And you're quite right, nothing beats a good amount of layering!
Thanks for sharing =)
xx,
Dimogonda blog
I love Interview. The moels look amazing, and the styling is brilliant.
The styling here is just...perfect. Simplicity, in this case, is the key! Also, I'm sad to say that we deffinately don't have grape flavour things in England, excluding, erm, grapes. It's a sad state of affairs.
x
Where the wild things might be...
this editorial is simply about the clothes, isn't it? and it really works (:
http://itscohen.blogspot.com/
I see you've remodeled your blog. (:
I love it.
www.louisdiamondshoes.blogspot.com
such a pretty fresh look
Danielle
http://danielledujour.blogspot.com/
i agree! it is entirely wonderful!
Wow the clothes are as amazing as the photography. Indeed a great editorial.
Post a Comment